Anybody that has sat through an initial composer install of Magento 2 will know it’s slow. Very slow. Unbelievably slow in fact. The main reason for this is the sheer number of dependencies which it pulls in. I decided to do some profiling and see if I could improve performance.
Magento recently released their latest security patch (SUPEE-7405) and point release (22.214.171.124). This release fixes a variety of security issues. In addition to the security updates an additional patch SUPEE-7616 was released. This patch updates the USPS integration to be compatible with recent changes in the USPS API.
One of the problems we have really struggled with at work, is allowing only certain people to access our sites during the initial staging process or when it’s offline for maintenance. There are many ways of achieving this, each of which comes with it’s own benefits and downfalls and some of which are far more
I recently ran into a problem whilst moving one of my extensions from it’s local environment to a remote staging site. It was a problem that took me an embarrassing amount of time to get to the bottom of. After fruitlessly checking for more complex issues I eventually realised that Mage::getModel was failing to load the model. After
Hopefully this will become my blog, I’m a very busy man though, so it’s pretty impossible to say when (if) it will happen.